No Eye has seen (eine Andacht über den Reichtum der Erlösung)

• Bei https://www.gospelreggae.com/ gibt es es im Menü unter "devotional" eine Andacht, die ich recht schön finde, aber auf englisch:
    gerne kann darauf geantwortet werden, ich erwarte das aber nicht unbedingt

No Eye Has Seen

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him" I Corinthians 2:9

There are a lot of promises today given by pastors to church congregations that simply won't come to pass. In the poorest of cities are the richest of churches saying "forget about your rent, give us your very last penny and God will give it back to you a thousand-fold." These poor congregants are risking it all to play a spiritual lotto in hopes that they will become instant millionaires. Proof text passages, out of context messages and sometimes even Bible-less sermons promise prosperity to every believer. Some pastors are nothing more than motivational speakers wearing a collar. This frustrates me to say the least.

God never promises financial prosperity to all of his servants. He promised to cover our needs, not our greeds. On the contrary, Christians are promised persecution, trials and suffering beyond what we can imagine. None of the twelve disciples died with a Rolex on their wrist and fat bank accounts. They were greatly persecuted and all but John, faced a martyr's death. However, they all eventually received the prosperity that God mentions in the Bible--the eternal kind. So be careful of anyone that promises you heaven on earth. If they say to become a true servant of the Lord is to be rich with material blessings, take them to the good book. Study the life of any prophet or disciple. You will find hardship and suffering abound. Though things may be good here at times here, true paradise is on the other side of this life.

Paul had a glimpse of this paradise and was changed forever because of it. In II Corinthians 12:4, he mentioned that he was caught up into the third heaven and "heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell." However, if you read the eleven verses before this you will see a great contrast between Paul's experiences on this earth and his vision of a perfect paradise. For in the preceding passage Paul shows us what being a true servant of God on earth entails:

"Are they servants of Christ?..." Paul says, "I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches." II Corinthians 11:23-28

On the brighter side of things, after his death, Paul finally experienced prosperity like he never imagined--eternity with His Lord. When it comes to heaven, we can only explain in human terms what God has laid out for us, and every one of our descriptions will fall short. "No mere man has ever seen, heard, or even imagined what wonderful things God has ready for those who love the Lord" (I Cor 2:9 LIV).

Heaven is beyond anything that you could ever conceive. In this paradise you will be beautiful and perfect beyond imagination, in knowledge, body, rule, family and love as you bask in the Lord's perfect glory. Finite words cannot express what it will be like to be in this beautiful and perfect city.

I love Keith Green's take on heaven. He said, "I know that Jesus Christ has been preparing a home for me and for some of you, for two thousand years. And if the world took six days and that home took two thousand years, hey man, this is like living in a garbage can compared to what's going on up there."

In John 14:2-6, Jesus broke it down in simple terms when he told his disciples about heaven and how to get there: "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.' Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?' Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Lord God, I realize that life on this earth can get real rough. Please help me to be heavenly minded and keep my eyes on the prize. I want to go to heaven and spend eternity with You. Please forgive me of my sins and cleanse me within. Lord Jesus, I thank You for dying on the cross for my sins and rising from the dead three days later. Help me to share with others that You alone are the "Way and the truth and the life." In Jesus name, Amen.

Mark Mohr